If you have an office job, you are likely on your feet quite a bit during the day, even if your main job description at work is staring at a computer screen. One of the worst things about office dress codes is that most require dress shoes. And in the past, that generally did not correspond with comfortable dress shoes, especially for women. Well, over the past decade, a lot has changed in the realm of the most comfortable dress shoes. Thanks to comfort footwear brands, many dress shoes are now as comfy as the tennis shoes you put on when you get home from work (or even more so!).
Comfortable dress shoes for women obviously begin with a low heel, but new styles from brands such as NAOT, Dansko, and ECCO now make even a 3″ heel more comfortable. Take a look at our most popular brands’ style choices in a range of colors. Even compared to a decade ago, the options are now almost limitless. No – your Jimmy Choos are not going to magically be made to be the most comfortable dress shoes you’ve ever work – that’s not their function. But if you’re open to a little less fashion, your feet will be more than happy to give the new breed of dress shoes a try.
Comfortable Work Shoes
If you are a woman that needs to wear dress shoes for any length of time you know the importance of finding a comfortable pair. This is sometimes easier said than done. Whether you need to wear casual dress shoes or something for a night out on the town, there are many nice shoes to pick from. Here are five picks for the most comfortable work shoes from some recent site visitors to help you in your search for fashion and comfort.
- I like Naturalizer womens dress shoes because not only are they pretty, but they are comfortable as well. They come in a large variety of styles, colors, sizes and widths. The width of a shoe is particularly important for those with wide feet. Buying the right width will definitely help with comfort as your feet will not be jammed into the shoe causing pain.
- My personal favorite ladies dress shoes are by Easy Spirit. I had always associated Easy Spirit with sneakers, but lucky for us women, that is not so. Their dress shoes come in a lot of different cute styles and they feature rubber soles and cushioned insoles.
- Aerosoles make dress sandals and shoes that are designed for comfort also, but they do not seem to have as much to choose from as the other brands do.
- Sears makes a brand of comfortable womens dress shoes called I Love Comfort, and many women attest that they live up to their name.
- Hush Puppies are classically known for their comfortable dress shoes for men. Hush Puppies have soft flex soles that will fit your feet nicely, and they also have a microfiber lining.
You do not need to sacrifice wearing nice shoes because they are uncomfortable. Many shoe manufacturers today do design their shoes with quality comfort features, such as arch support, cushioning that conforms to the shape of a woman’s foot, and rubber soles to protect our feet.